• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Threat, "cussing" accusations

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

sdtaylor

What is the name of your state? Georgia

My husband got into an argument with our neighbor as a result of an ongoing feud. My husband was in the backyard and my neighbor yelled for him to come out front and talk. The neighbors three sons were outside with him, two riding bicycles. As the argument became more heated, the neighbor told my husband he would take him to court. My husband replied with bad language directed at the neighbor. My neighbor asked the kids if they heard it and told my husband that saying that word in front of kids is "contributing to the delinquency of a minor." He then went inside and called the sheriff's department. We talked to two deputies. A few days later we received a notice that my husband has to go to a hearing to determine if he should be arrested for "cussing at a child" three times and for threatening the neighbor. He didn't swear AT any child, although they were in earshot. He also didn't threaten the neighbor. This will be his word against my husband's word. Could he be arrested?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">