• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Speeding ticket technicality

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Treehil

What is the name of your state? Missouri

I was recently pulled over for speeding by the Jackson County Sheriff's Office and issued a speeding citation. The officer verbally stated at one point that I was driving 61 in a 45 zone, but when he filled out the ticket, he didn't write that anywhere before I signed it. I have my carbon copy that shows he wrote "Exceeded posted speed limit" in the space titled "Did then and there commit the following offense. The facts supporting this belief are as follows:" Under this space are two more spaces titled "Driving" and "Posted speed limit" which are left blank.

I called the courthouse today and was treated very rudely for even asking the question, but informed that on their original copy it is written that I was "driving 61 in a 45 mph zone" below the "exceeded posted speed limit" that I can clearly see on my carbon copy. So my question is, is it legal for them to write this on the ticket after I have already signed it, received my copy, and driven off, and do I have any recourse for getting this thrown out? Thank you.

Hey There

Clicking, Reading, Finds Information,

5-13-08
For Info

1.Type on Google Error on Traffic Ticket (Archive) and click on
Error on Traffic Ticket [Archive] - Labor Law Talk
2.Google Speeding Tickets FAQ ,click on site of same name
and scroll down to
Will errors on the ticket result in the charges being dropped?
(This site also gives guidelines on contesting a traffic ticket)
3. Some lawyers will consult once for a small fee($50.00?) or for no charge. Yellow pages in the phone book should list those who do.

Keep Us Posted,
Best Regards,
Hey There

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">