• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

car perchase problem

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

cookmaster30

What is the name of your state? tennessee

hey guys I have a problem. so i bought a 1986 mercuri capri from a guy and he told me it had a 1994 mustang cobra motor in it. well come to find out the motor is shot. i pulled the motor out to rebuild it and come to find out it is a regular 1987 mustang 5.0 not a cobra motor which make the car alomost worthless. Am I right in assuming i can take this guy to court and get at least some of my money back. I have emails stating that it has the cobra motor in it. also how much should I try to get out of him. god i hate people who lie

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
You *might* be able to get the value of a "shot" cobra motor (which I would figure is about 350 lbs x whatever scrap is going for in your area.)

EDIT:
On second thought, you'd get the DIFFERENCE in value between a shot 1994 cobra motor and a shot 1987 5.0 mustang engine.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">