• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Calif Probate Small Estate

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

cajwm

My father died recently leaving a small(<$100K, and no real property)estate, all of which goes into a trust already funded and functioning. I am named Executor of the estate, and I have previous trust and probate experience from another state. I would like to handle this as inexpensively as possible, and suspect I can administer the estate without legal help. But, I need to know the right form numbers to request from my local county (San Bernardino)probate office so I can file for probate of the will. Can any one help?

A

advisor10

FEB 10, 2001

DEAR CAJWM:

It may not be absolutely necessary for you to know the form numbers in advance. You can contact the San Bernardino County Probate Office at (909) 387-3952 to get more information about what you are supposed to do.

Good luck--as you know it can sometimes be a time-consuming job handling so much paperwork, but at least you will get the satisfaction of knowing you have handled your relative's affairs properly and responsibly. And $100,000 is NOT a small estate!!

SINCERELY,

[email protected]

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">