• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

small claims ?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

nismo941

What is the name of your state? florida
i have a lawsuit against me for a unpaid credit card
if i get judgement against me, and im still not able
to pay what will happen to me?

racer72

The creditor can garnish your wages, clean out your bank account, sieze property and/or place leins against any real propery you own. The judgment is good for 20 years.

Go to the credit card company and try to settle before a judgement is rendered - they would much rather get anything (it's not only about the money - it's an accounting thing) than jump through all the legal mumbo jumbo. Running away and avoidance is not the answer. I'm not sure what the amount of your debt is, but trying to squeeze out an extra hundred or two out of your income on a monthly basis, or getting a part time job to pay it off is much more worth it than getting your wages garnished and your bank accounts seized. Aside from the added costs you will incur for damages.
It's simple - just call them up, and tell them you want to work something out. NOW The longer you wait, the less chance you have of getting an opportunity to do this.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">