• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

do i have a chance if i deny responsibility?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

tylkrist

I live in Michigan and on April 30th I was pulled over for failing to stop at a red light. I was waiting in the left turn lane and am accustomed to turning left at a flashing red when the straight/right lane lights turn green. However, this light did not operate that way and I turned on the red light when I thought it was flashing, which of course was a solid red. I was in a bit of a rush so I failed to notice this and proceeded to turn, and then about a mile up the road I was pulled over. Since I was rushing, I was also speeding when the police officer pulled me over (37 in a 25)...but didn't write me a ticket for the speeding (just a warning, but wrote it on the ticket slip). I called the court house and denied responsibility for my ticket. Do you think I have a good chance in fighting the ticket? I heard this ticket was 3 points on my license, is that true?

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">