• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Q: Lawyer's AND specific performance.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

L

larryf5

Hello,

I'm located in FL and I have a question on Legal malpractice. I hired an attorney (on contingency)to assist me in a claim against a condominium I live at. The property wasn't properly maintained and the result was injury to a family member.

The attorney who took this case waited until he filed in this case to decide to walk out on what he called "irreconcilable difference" because he claims that he couldn't afford to continue. This wasn't an issue we had discussed. How can he say this is irreconcilable? I asked the Judge about "specific performance" but the Judge has allowed him to walk out. Has he cost me this case, since I'm unable to hire a new lawyer due to the fact that no one is interested in this case as it is "too far along"?

With specific performance,can't the lawyer be compelled to do the job as I can not find another attorney to complete his contract?

I'd appreciate any opinions you could provide.

Thank you for your time.
Larry

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">