• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Seizing Vehicle

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

gembob

Haha, with the exception of seniorjudge, you keyboard jockey's are as retarded as the city people I'm dealing with.

Last edited:

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Today he calls back and says he is baffeled, the city attorney told him that in her opinion there is no way my girlfriend didn't know that something bad was going to happen in her car (remember she didn't even know I took it, and NOTHING was found when the police searched it).
So you're saying you stole it?

Now they say she is facing forfeiture and she will have to go to court to get it back.
They're pretty strict about the drug crimes...

CJane

So you 'borrowed' your girlfriend's car w/out her knowledge (or the knowledge of the other owner - her grandfather) and you committed a 'spur of the moment' crime w/said vehicle and you're SUPRISED that the car has been impounded as evidence?

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Haha, with the exception of seniorjudge, you keyboard jockey's are as retarded as the city people I'm dealing with.
Apparently, you didn't like the (correct) answers you received.
(I'm humming Back in the Saddle Again)

gembob

Funny, got the car back and a letter from the ADA. Turns out that what they did was, in fact, ILLLEGAL. So no, Zigner, the responses I got were not correct. And now I'm certain of the veracity of my comment about you guys being as inept as the city officials I had to work with. Keep pushing out BS advice and confusing people more, at least you aren't charging for it....

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">