• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Shoplifting, Assault & Battery + Strong Arm Robbery

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

dolls2diamonds

What is the name of your state? South Carolina

Arrested for shoplifting guilty, yes, but wrongly accused also of assault and battery x2 and strong arm robbery. When leaving store was thrown to ground by store employees who did not identify themselves and fought back, taken to hospital before jail as was bloody all over. First court appearance is in two weeks and will be pleading not guilty and asking for a jury trial. Do not understand why charged with assault and battery and strong arm robbery, had no weapons and were outside of store. This is being posted on behalf of my brother.

Why would they charge him with strong arm robbery? He tells me that of course his first thought when they threw him to the ground was to fight back, I know he should not have, but did, the store employees were not injured, but my brother was. He was in handcuffs shortly after he first started fighting back and was beaten with fists and thrown around after cuffed.

JETX

Why would they charge him with strong arm robbery?
Presumably, because they think there is enough evidence to support the charge. Ever think that they might know more about this incident than you do??

He was in handcuffs shortly after he first started fighting back and was beaten with fists and thrown around after cuffed.
Sounds like the charges are valid. Anytime a shoplifter fights the store employees... the charge escalates to robbery.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">