• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

eligible for reimbursement by the estate?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

delwicki

What is the name of your state? NC
Hi, I am hoping that someone with some expertise can help me answer a question. My mother (who lived in NC) died at Christmas a couple years ago, and my sibling and I were appointed co-executors of the estate. At the time, I was living across the country and incurred some pretty hefty expenses for travel and airfare associated in order to travel to NC to take care of matters related to the estate. My first question is, would I be entitled to receive some sort of reimbursement for those expenses? Someone told me that I could submit a petition to the clerk of court requesting reimbursement. Secondly, if that is true, who would have the authority to make that decision? And Finally, would there be a way to appeal should my request be denied? Any help would be very much appreciated.What is the name of your state?

Dandy Don

Probate is over now and there is no way for you to get paid. Why didn't you think of asking for reimbursement before all the legal matters were finished? Who was the "someone" that told you you were eligible for reimbursement?

delwicki

Thanks Dandy Don for your help. No - the estate is still open. We are getting everything finalized for closing. So now that this is cleared up, would I be eligible? What I really need to know is if my petition were to get denied by the clerk of court, who would I then appeal to?

Dandy Don

You should be discussing this with a local attorney since it is not very likely that a North Carolina attorney would be reading this website.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">