• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Adoption by a grandparent in Tennessee

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

ressa

What is the name of your state? Tennessee

I am a single mom of two boys. one is 6 years old (his dad has seen him once when he was 3 months old and dont know where he is) the second is 5 months old (his father is an ex of mine who raped me and I got pregnant with him charges pending). I am very sick (I have Crohns, diverticulits, endometrosis, artheritis and possible cancer) knowing that just with that I may not be here always to watch my boys grow up and knowing that anything can happen I would like to ensure my childrens well being and future with my father whom I have lived with for the last 8 years and this is the only "father figure" my children have had I would like for my dad to adopt them so I will know they will always be able to be with him as I fear my mom and sister may try to take my boys from the only family they know. my mom and sister live in oklahoma and have had almost no contact with my children my sister has seen both boys once and my mom has seen my elder child twice my younger son once. how can I go about my dad adopting them and is it possible with me being alive still?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">