• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Disobey Steady Red Light Lye!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

mikecoolest

I live in Brooklyn, NY. I was standing on a red light with a cop right behind me. When the light turned green, I turned. I even double checked the pedestrian light as I waited for the pedestrian to cross. As soon as the pedestrian finished crossing and kept going, I was pulled over by a cop not understing what I was pulled over for. The cop says I disobeyed a a steady red light, which is a lye! Is there anything I can do or say at the hearing? Someone please help.

patstew

I live in Brooklyn, NY. I was standing on a red light with a cop right behind me. When the light turned green, I turned. I even double checked the pedestrian light as I waited for the pedestrian to cross. As soon as the pedestrian finished crossing and kept going, I was pulled over by a cop not understing what I was pulled over for. The cop says I disobeyed a a steady red light, which is a lye! Is there anything I can do or say at the hearing? Someone please help.
Did you have to wait long enough for the pedestrian to cross that the light changed back to red?

OP85063

Did you have to wait long enough for the pedestrian to cross that the light changed back to red?
LOL, won't that be funny, the old lady take so long to pass that the light turn red and he didn't even notice it?

Even if you were right, I don't think there's much you can do. The system here in NY is F__ed up. The court will take the office word over yours. Maybe they will reduce the fine, or points that's all.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">