• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Failure to observe signal in NJ, incorrect date on ticket!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

clocks

Hi

I live in PA but was issued with a moving violation for failure to observe signal (Stop sign) in North Bergen NJ on the 14 May 2008 (Yesterday). The officer wrote on the ticket that the alleged offence was commited on the 16 May 2008 (tomorrow!) I will be nowhere near North Bergen NJ on the 16 May 2008 so can I plead not guilty to the charge on a technicality as I will not be in the area at the time of the alledged offence?

I would be grateful for any information.

Thank you.

R

Last edited:

clocks

Yes, you could "prove" that you weren't there on that day, but if you weren't there, how did you sign that ticket?

Hi. Thank you for your reply.

I'm not disputing that I was there that day or the alleged offence took place. I'm stating that there is an error on the ticket, I may have signed something but my signature does not appear on my copy of the ticket but that's neither here nor there. I was wondering if I could plead not guilty as I will not be in that area on the above date and the officer made an error on the summons. On previous occasions I have had summons thrown out of court due to errors on the actual summons issued and I am wondering if this is the case with this summons.

Thank you

R

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">