• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

paying off judgments????

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

pcl7757

What is the name of your state? CT
I was sued in 2003. Everything was done properly and all but I have never been contacted by anyone to pay these. There are 4 different ones all from the same surgery from my daughter back in 2002. I have read that if I approach the original creditors they may settle for a lesser amount if I pay there on the spot. I also need to know how to obtain the satisfaction of judgment for the courthouse to get these paid. I want to avoid talking to their lawyer ( the same lawyer for all suits ) because Im sure he will try to hit me with interest for all these years. Can anyone lend some advice?? It would be greatly appreciated. Oh ya total for all suits are about $3000.

BL

What is the name of your state? CT
I was sued in 2003. Everything was done properly and all but I have never been contacted by anyone to pay these. There are 4 different ones all from the same surgery from my daughter back in 2002. I have read that if I approach the original creditors they may settle for a lesser amount if I pay there on the spot. I also need to know how to obtain the satisfaction of judgment for the courthouse to get these paid. I want to avoid talking to their lawyer ( the same lawyer for all suits ) because Im sure he will try to hit me with interest for all these years. Can anyone lend some advice?? It would be greatly appreciated. Oh ya total for all suits are about $3000.
You can try contacting the creditors directly to try a settlement amount .

If they bite , have them send a confirmation settlement letter , in that once received/paid ( by said date ) , the debt is settled .

They may refuse saying it's with outside collections , deal with them .

pcl7757

Yes I was going to try that, the hospital said they would accept a settlement. Do you know where I can get a " Satisfaction Of Judgment " form to have them sign so I can file it at the courthouse??

BL

Yes I was going to try that, the hospital said they would accept a settlement. Do you know where I can get a " Satisfaction Of Judgment " form to have them sign so I can file it at the courthouse??
I'm not sure if you can file one , the creditor may have to .

But try to do an on line search for forms , or find a legal type store that might sell them .

pcl7757

Thanks for the help BL, I'll try that. All the online places want me to buy. Maybe I'll stop at the courthouse and see if they have one in the small claims room.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">