• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Legal Separation

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

gaoneal

What is the name of your state? Texas

I filed a Petition for divorce which includes division of properties, assets etc....My wife and I were only together for 2 weeks and have nothing shared, nothing gained during the marriage. She moved out after signing the Petition for divorce and was filed and aaccepted by the court. Does she have any right whatsoever to enter into my house and take my personal belongings that belonged to me prior to being married or after separation and does that sort of petition constitute a legal separation?

LdiJ

What is the name of your state? Texas

I filed a Petition for divorce which includes division of properties, assets etc....My wife and I were only together for 2 weeks and have nothing shared, nothing gained during the marriage. She moved out after signing the Petition for divorce and was filed and aaccepted by the court. Does she have any right whatsoever to enter into my house and take my personal belongings that belonged to me prior to being married or after separation and does that sort of petition constitute a legal separation?
Has she done that, or are you simply afraid that she is going to do that? You might want to change the locks on the home.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">