• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

adoption / rights / incomplete BC

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

VBCoach

What is the name of your state? KY

i didn't have the bio father sign the birth certificate cause i didn't want anything from him - ever. and he didn't want anything to do with me or our child when we had a baby. i did however put just his name on the birth certificate cause the nurse was bugging me about it at the time. i am getting marry and my soon-to-be husband wishes to "adopt" my son. do i still need the bio father to sign his rights away ? or does he really have any rights since he didn't sign the birth certificate.What is the name of your state?

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
What is the name of your state? KY

i didn't have the bio father sign the birth certificate cause i didn't want anything from him - ever. and he didn't want anything to do with me or our child when we had a baby. i did however put just his name on the birth certificate cause the nurse was bugging me about it at the time. i am getting marry and my soon-to-be husband wishes to "adopt" my son. do i still need the bio father to sign his rights away ? or does he really have any rights since he didn't sign the birth certificate.What is the name of your state?
They allowed you to commit fraud when you put the name on the birth certificate? The nurse bugged you to commit fraud? Yes you need to establish the father of this child and then have his rights terminated. He has rights. You don't get away with playing musical daddy. You need to get married, be married for a while and then file to establish paternity and then have daddy's rights terminated. Be prepared, unless the father (NOT BIOFATHER) agrees, you won't accomplish it unless you prove him legally unfit.

VBCoach

They allowed you to commit fraud when you put the name on the birth certificate? The nurse bugged you to commit fraud? Yes you need to establish the father of this child and then have his rights terminated. He has rights. You don't get away with playing musical daddy. You need to get married, be married for a while and then file to establish paternity and then have daddy's rights terminated. Be prepared, unless the father (NOT BIOFATHER) agrees, you won't accomplish it unless you prove him legally unfit.
I guess. I put a name cause I didn't know any of his other information and he was nowhere around to come sign.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">