• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Court order for fingerprints.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Play4801

What is the name of your state? Phoenix, Arizona

Ok well I bought a computer off the street of course and well i sold it to a buddy of mine, then we email the lady that we thought sold it to the guy at the park n swap, but it was stolen so now they are trying to get my fingerprints to see if iam the one who stole it. Now ussaly I wouldnt have a problem going and getting them taken, but i dont want to because I might have somthing that could get me in trouble, So now the detective said he is gonna get a court order for my finger prints, he has no proof it is me, all he gots is word of mouth, is he gonna be able to get the court order?

FlyingRon

He might be able to. If so, there's little you can do to fight it. Being compelled to give fingerprints or DNA is not protected by the fifth amendment.

Play4801

Thank you for the reply so fast. Well if theres a court order I will go ahead and get it done with its just that i dont think the people care who really took it, they just kinda want me to get blamed for it because when i was a little kid i used to be a trouble maker, so they think its me.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">