• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

After filing Writ of Garnishment....

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

honeybe201

What is the name of your state? AL

I won a judgement back in 04 and just recently learned where this person is employed. I filed the Writ of Garnishment a little over 30 days ago, but the company has not responded and this is where I need help.

The people at the courthouse told me there was something I could file to get the employer in court to state why they have not responded. Can someone please tell me what this would be? They can't give me any further 'legal advice' since they are not attorneys and I don't know where else to turn.

Also, the company is a very small construction company and I have a friend 'on the inside' that has also let me know that they are trying not to pay this by filing his income under someone else (believe me, I know how illegal this is!). Should I bring this up in court, or investigate it by maybe having pics of the guy at work....or would that even matter?

Thanks for whatever help you can give me! Much appreciated!

honeybe201

Ok, I found a form called CONDITIONAL JUDGMENT AGAINST EMPLOYER which basically states that since they failed to file an answer, they are held liable for the amount owed. I guess this is my next step...still up for any suggestions tho.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">