• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

First ticket

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

terij

What is the name of your state? AZ

I was pulled over for going 58 in a 45mph. Also, I didn't have my license with me and I had my old insurance card!

Never had a speeding ticket - the officer (on motorcycle) said I was going 52 but wrote 58 on the ticket. I do not believe I was speeding at all - it was rush hour!

People are suggesting that I just go to traffic school and pay the lessor fine - I have never had a ticket and have been driving for 30 years - I think I should have some laditude here! Is it worth fighting and if so how can I do it?

The Occultist

The only way to fight this ticket is to prove you weren't speeding.

Without actually looking anything up to verify this, I believe there is a difference in fines between 7 over and 13 over, so you may wish to look into that and get it figured out.

You do not state how fast you were going, which leads me to believe that you do not know how fast you were going, and that you're actually relying on "going with the flow" to be your defense. This will not work in court.

Out of curiosity, since I am from the area, where were you driving and at about what time?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">