• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

cause for divorce

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

bobby2

What is the name of your state? I live in NYC....my wife served me with papers in November----uncontested at first now she has asked for a pre trial conf. THe original papers claimed constuctive abandonment......no kids,no house to split....married 56 months.....the attorney I contacted sais go to the pre trial conf.....if it gets crazy with her and her lawyer just ask for a postponement and he will represent me from that point foward....she makes more money than i do...she also asked me to pay for her legal fees....i do not know what to do...:):)

Perky

About what? Are you concerned that you won't have representation at the pre-trial conf? If so, try to find an attorney who can be there.

BL

What is the name of your state? I live in NYC....my wife served me with papers in November----uncontested at first now she has asked for a pre trial conf. THe original papers claimed constuctive abandonment......no kids,no house to split....married 56 months.....the attorney I contacted sais go to the pre trial conf.....if it gets crazy with her and her lawyer just ask for a postponement and he will represent me from that point foward....she makes more money than i do...she also asked me to pay for her legal fees....i do not know what to do...:):)
I wonder what she's looking for ? Alimony ?

LdiJ

You stated "uncontested at first". What made it become contested? Under what basis did she ask for attorney fees?

Bali Hai

I wonder what she's looking for ? Alimony ?
Of course she is!! Wifey has obviously joined the "Pampered By the Court Divorced Wife's Club" since bringing the divorce action!!

She makes more money, wants attorney fees and alimony!! Her motive in doing so is just simply that she MIGHT get away with it because she has a uterus!!

Bali Hai

You stated "uncontested at first". What made it become contested? Under what basis did she ask for attorney fees?

Wifey has obviously joined the "Pampered By the Court Divorced Wife's Club" since bringing the divorce action!!

She makes more money, wants attorney fees and alimony!! Her motive in doing so is just simply that she MIGHT get away with it because she has a uterus!!

VeronicaLodge

bobby, since she is playing games with you and she makes more, you need to file a response or amended response and ask her to pay your legal fees and ask for alimony from her. she may just suddenly become cooperative ;)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">