• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Explanation of Court Papers

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

ntpwwjd1

Colorado

A person filed for divorced but the other party drugg everything out for over 2 years (hiding of assets, cant agree on parenting plan, etc.). When looking at the general inputs for that case via online it shows several orders, minutes, affadvits, etc. but on the end it says CASE CLOSED - CASE DISMISSED. Does that means that there was certain orders placed for specific things but the divorce was never final because it was drugg out by the other parent for to long? And if the divorce was never final both parties have to start all over again with divorce proceedings?

LdiJ

Colorado

A person filed for divorced but the other party drugg everything out for over 2 years (hiding of assets, cant agree on parenting plan, etc.). When looking at the general inputs for that case via online it shows several orders, minutes, affadvits, etc. but on the end it says CASE CLOSED - CASE DISMISSED. Does that means that there was certain orders placed for specific things but the divorce was never final because it was drugg out by the other parent for to long? And if the divorce was never final both parties have to start all over again with divorce proceedings?
The case was dismissed, which means that its done and over with and any temporary orders made as part of that case are done and over with as well.

The parties would have to start all over again.

LdiJ

The US will recognize a Canadian divorce, but I am not sure if the US will recognize a Canadian order for a name change. However, if the divorce is uncontested then I am assuming that you are signing off on it, therefore agreeing to the name change?

Bali Hai

The US will recognize a Canadian divorce, but I am not sure if the US will recognize a Canadian order for a name change. However, if the divorce is uncontested then I am assuming that you are signing off on it, therefore agreeing to the name change?
I see you have warped into another galaxy again!!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">