• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Legal Separation vs Divorce

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

antonioaziel

What is the name of your state? FL

Currently, me and my wife are facing some marital problems and we are contemplating a divorce. We have been married for almost nine years and have approximately 300K in debt in which both of our names are included. Due to work responsibilities I have been away from home for a year. We also have three kids one of them is my step daughter. What is the best course of action for us to move on, Divorce or Legal Separation? Hope to hear from you soon.

JoWhat is the name of your state?

LdiJ

Currently, me and my wife are facing some marital problems and we are contemplating a divorce. We have been married for almost nine years and have approximately 300K in debt in which both of our names are included. Due to work responsibilities I have been away from home for a year. We also have three kids one of them is my step daughter. What is the best course of action for us to move on, Divorce or Legal Separation? Hope to hear from you soon.

That is truly a personal decision. However, whether you decide on separation or divorce, its best to have a plan in mind to deal with the debt. What kind of debt is it?

Gracie3787

There is no legal seperation in Florida. You are either married, or divorced, with no in betweens.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">