• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

very confused

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

confused1njg

What is the name of your state? I am in the state of Ga, I have been seperated for two years, trying to get a divorce that my spouse does not want to grant. Is it against the law for me to date since I am seperated and not living in the same house. Can my future ex spouse take any legal actions against the person I am dating??

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
Such as alienation of affection? Very few states allow that. And I do not believe GA is one of them. I know NC allows those types of suits --or used to.

confused1njg

Thank you**************...I was wondering if my soon to be ex can sue the person I am dating on grounds of adultery, this person is new in my life and is not the reason I am divorcing.

confused1njg

Thank You I didnt think she could sue her either but she was saying she could and i didnt know where else to find out more info.

CourtClerk

Nope, tell her that she can't sue your girlfriend for adultery, because your girlfriend isn't committing adultery against her.

It's you she wants to sue instead, because you are the adulterer.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">