• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

How Does Documentation Help?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

hotmaildiva

What is the name of your state? FLORIDA

I could document EVERYTHING...but how would this help in my divorce? (Served divorce papers to husband in Feb, we have been seperated for 11 months) I have a 10 year old son. I want to keep husband involved in his life and husband seems to want to be in his life but he moved to Wisconsin in Sept and son and I continue to live in Florida. His dad is living with another woman (He cheated and I refused to reconcile,so he moved the girl with him and after I got my head on straight I have started dating a man for the last 6 months and have been trying to be decent to future exhusband).

Husband wants to reconcile (yeah, he lives with another woman and wants to reconcile...he's not right!) and over past 10 months I've had repeated phone calls and over 500 text messages from him ranging from romance to threatening (not bodily threats).He's called CPS, called my employer, and numerous other things to me. Even after he's done all of this, I feel sorry for him (I'm a sucker, he cheated but I feel sorry for him because he lost his family) and have taken his midnight phone calls crying and other times drunk, I've tried to help him with taxes among other things. I have family in Wisconsin and when I visit them I have brung my son with and allow visitations with his dad. I encourage their relationship.

Yet over New Years I brought our son to Wisconsin and husband kept him whole 5 days and was supposed to drop son off at my dads the day we were leaving. He never came. I called and he said he would drop son off at airport. I got boarding passes and called husband and he said "don't worry about it'. After 20 minutes I called again and he said "He is my son I will do what is best". Plane was already boarding and I called again and he said "where are you? we've been waiting at security!" He seems to like to play games. Immediately, our son is resentful to me and beligerent, and disrespectful. And is behaves like that after every phone call with his dad.

I even have a police report stating that his girlfriend was punching herself in the face, is a manic depressive, and there were drug paraphernalia laying around their apartment and both were drunk (in the police report he tells the officer that she wrecked his life, and his girlfriend tells police, while sobbing uncontrollably and slurring words, that he wants his wife back and accuses her of being homewrecker. And both blame each other for marijuana pipe...no arrests were made.) He told me she was history. Then when I went to Wisconsin in March she was with him and he was keeping her in the truck to hide her from me. Now I'm worried about our son spending summers and vacations there since he is not the same man he was when we were together. (after this visit, he became even more nasty to me so now I do not take ANY phone calls from him. He brought son cell phone over Xmas so he contacts him anytime he wants on it. I let it be as I don't want to prevent son from talking to his dad and I don't want to be accused in court of keeping them apart by ex.)

Everything I've read says to "document, document, document". But how does that help when it is all just heresay?...my heresay and my concerns

Last edited:

Bali Hai

What is the name of your state? FLORIDA

I could document EVERYTHING...but how would this help in my divorce? (Served divorce papers to husband in Feb, we have been seperated for 11 months) I have a 10 year old son. I want to keep husband involved in his life and husband seems to want to be in his life but he moved to Wisconsin in Sept and son and I continue to live in Florida.

His dad is living with another woman

Get document.

(He cheated

Get document.

and I refused to reconcile,so he moved the girl with him and after I got my head on straight I have started dating a man for the last 6 months and have been trying to be decent to future exhusband).

Husband wants to reconcile (yeah, he lives with another woman and wants to reconcile...

he's not right!)

Get document.

and over past 10 months I've had repeated phone calls and over 500 text messages from him ranging from romance to threatening (not bodily threats).He's called CPS, called my employer, and numerous other things to me.

Get documents.

Even after he's done all of this, I feel sorry for him (I'm a sucker, he cheated but I feel sorry for him because he lost his family) and have taken his midnight phone calls crying and other times drunk, I've tried to help him with taxes among other things. I have family in Wisconsin and when I visit them I have brung my son with and allow visitations with his dad.

I encourage their relationship.

Get document.

Yet over New Years I brought our son to Wisconsin and husband kept him whole 5 days and was supposed to drop son off at my dads the day we were leaving. He never came. I called and he said he would drop son off at airport. I got boarding passes and called husband and he said "don't worry about it'. After 20 minutes I called again and he said "He is my son I will do what is best". Plane was already boarding and I called again and he said "where are you? we've been waiting at security!" He seems to like to play games.

Immediately, our son is resentful to me and beligerent, and disrespectful. And is behaves like that after every phone call with his dad.

Get doument.

I even have a police report stating that his girlfriend was punching herself in the face,

How did you get that document??

is a manic depressive,

Get document.

and there were drug paraphernalia laying around their apartment

Get document.

and both were drunk (in the police report he tells the officer that she wrecked his life, and his girlfriend tells police, while sobbing uncontrollably and slurring words, that he wants his wife back and accuses her of being homewrecker. And both blame each other for marijuana pipe...no arrests were made.)

Get document.

He told me she was history. Then when I went to Wisconsin in March she was with him and he was keeping her in the truck to hide her from me. Now I'm worried about our son spending summers and vacations there since he is not the same man he was when we were together. (after this visit, he became even more nasty to me so now I do not take ANY phone calls from him. He brought son cell phone over Xmas so he contacts him anytime he wants on it. I let it be as I don't want to prevent son from talking to his dad and I don't want to be accused in court of keeping them apart by ex.)

Everything I've read says to "document, document, document". But how does that help when it is all just heresay?...my heresay and my concerns
Get documents from professionals to help your case. If you present the court with crap you wrote here, the judge will think you are scatter brained and rightfully so!!

hotmaildiva

When I was in Wisconsin in April I went to the police department and got the police report. (He called me drunk after it all happened and told me about it).

But like my question states...this is all he has done. I've got the text messages, and the police report, but all the rest is his actions. How do you get professional documents on that? I know this is heresay...that is why I even posted it as a question. But yet I'm told to document everything. So how do I get perfessional documentation? Its not like he will sign a confession...lol.

Police report states he is living with this woman. Its so easy to be on the outside looking in and passing judgement. I don't have any divorces under my belt. This is my first. I'm very unexperienced at it. I'm trying to do the best by my son by trying to get along with his dad, so if I seem like a scatterbrain, it's because I'm winging it...and learning along the way. I'm no professional divorcee.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
You subpoena the police officers that took the report, the doctors that treated him or her, and various other things. The documentation will help.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">