• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

valid arrest

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

loravk

What is the name of your state? Missouri
I was initially pulled over for speeding (35 in a 20 supposedly), and was issued a ticket for that and expired tags, and no proof of ins. (although i did have it, my card was not in my car). I was arrested because my driver's license was expired (less than 2 months). It was nolt suspended or revoked, just expired, and I did not realize it. Did not have any warrants nor did i have any prior incidences for this violation. The officer specifically requested that i be held for 24 hours in the jail for this. He did read me my rights but I did not have to pay a bail or bond before leaving the next day. Is that a legitimate arrest?What is the name of your state?

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
What is the name of your state? Missouri
I was initially pulled over for speeding (35 in a 20 supposedly), and was issued a ticket for that and expired tags, and no proof of ins. (although i did have it, my card was not in my car). I was arrested because my driver's license was expired (less than 2 months). It was nolt suspended or revoked, just expired, and I did not realize it. Did not have any warrants nor did i have any prior incidences for this violation. The officer specifically requested that i be held for 24 hours in the jail for this. He did read me my rights but I did not have to pay a bail or bond before leaving the next day. Is that a legitimate arrest?What is the name of your state?
Yes, it's legit. Get your act together before you drive again.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">