• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

CO to NJ Failure To Appear.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

warhola

What is the name of your state? New Jersey.

I received a ticket back in July of 2005 for possession of less than an ounce of marijuana. Due to, well, pure stupidity and fear, I never appeared, and still haven't almost three years later... due to some personal changes I now reside in New Jersey and I need to obtain an ID. If I go to the DMV, will they turn me away (or worse, arrest me) for having a failure to appear in Colorado?
Thanks for reading.

FlyingRon

I'm not sure there is a warrant check to get a license. Primarily they are checking the NDR to see if your suspended elsewhere. However, having an outstanding warrant will bite you if you are stopped by the police for even a minor incident and they happen to run a check on you.

You probably should get a lawyer in Colorado to see if you can get the citation resolved before it bites you.
\

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">