• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Blackmail

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

NneedofHelp

What is the name of your state? Tx

My hope to be soon ex-wife is threatening to blackmail or exstort me with the judge if I do not give her what she is asking for, which is support and room and board for a year after the divorce, not to mention she wants me at her beck and call to run her around and sp forth. How can I keep this from happening? I am very scared....:eek:

Silverplum

What is the name of your state? Tx

My hope to be soon ex-wife is threatening to blackmail or exstort me with the judge if I do not give her what she is asking for, which is support and room and board for a year after the divorce, not to mention she wants me at her beck and call to run her around and sp forth. How can I keep this from happening? I am very scared....:eek:
Are you Niles, and she's Mel?

Just marry Daphne, be happy. Mel can't do much more than you allow her to do. ;)

Silverplum

I am scared, my wife is threatening to tell the judge of some illegal activities that occured during our marriage.
DURING.
Key word, dude. DURING the marriage.

IF she didn't roll you over THEN, when it was HAPPENING, then SHE was involved, too. ;) :p

Don't listen to your STBX. They don't have your best interests at heart, do they? No, they do not.

And, btw, she can't "tell the judge." Tisn't proper to speak to the judge.

Last edited:

NneedofHelp

My wife has a habbit, and i gave her money durring the marriage knowing what it was for, I just didn't want her to be sick. At times I would go get it for her, again not wanting her to be sick. her attorney is her best friend for the past 20 years and has said that she will ruin me and my reputation and reveal all to the judge and that I would probable go to jail. It is important to mention that I my self do not have a habbit and have never in my life even sampled. Can her attorney really do this, my wife has even told me that her attorney has a habbit as well, they do together at times.

Silverplum

My wife has a habbit, and i gave her money durring the marriage knowing what it was for, I just didn't want her to be sick. At times I would go get it for her, again not wanting her to be sick. her attorney is her best friend for the past 20 years and has said that she will ruin me and my reputation and reveal all to the judge and that I would probable go to jail. It is important to mention that I my self do not have a habbit and have never in my life even sampled. Can her attorney really do this, my wife has even told me that her attorney has a habbit as well, they do together at times.
I can hardly imagine it. The attorney would have to out himself. Your wife would have to out herself. And you have no usage in your hair or blood or wherever.

It's a pointless threat, when you think about it. They can PROVE nothing. But YOU can PROVE -- through hair analysis, via court order, IF need be -- that THEY use.

I wouldn't worry about it. Think it through, see how they lose if they follow through. ;)

Zephyr

I can hardly imagine it. The attorney would have to out himself. Your wife would have to out herself. And you have no usage in your hair or blood or wherever.

It's a pointless threat, when you think about it. They can PROVE nothing. But YOU can PROVE -- through hair analysis, via court order, IF need be -- that THEY use.

I wouldn't worry about it. Think it through, see how they lose if they follow through. ;)
I agree.....

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">