• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Parental rights?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

hblack

What is the name of your state? North Carolina

Is there anyway to force a legal parent to give up parental rights?

The father is a convicted drug addict, refuses to pay any type of support, is neglectful when the children are with him, and talks about the mother and stepfather in the presence of the children. He is a total loser and I'm scared that something is going to happen.

Grandpaw

TinkerBelleLuvr

What is the name of your state? North Carolina

The father is a convicted drug addict, refuses to pay any type of support, is neglectful when the children are with him, and talks about the mother and stepfather in the presence of the children. He is a total loser and I'm scared that something is going to happen.

Grandpaw

I have a problem with the following statement:
He is a total loser
This is HALF the genetic composition of the child/children you are referring to.

hblack

I probably should have not used the term "loser," but I'm sorry that is the way that I feel. Anyone that doesn't stand up and take responsibility for their children is a "loser". Sorry, but that is how I feel.

Silverplum

I probably should have not used the term "loser," but I'm sorry that is the way that I feel. Anyone that doesn't stand up and take responsibility for their children is a "loser". Sorry, but that is how I feel.
We don't care about your feelings.

We care about the law. And about children. In alternating order.

hblack

Ginny J....

He has always had a drug problem, but the conviction came after the children were born.

Does he use his parenting time? In my opinion he doesn't. Often he will take the children to his mother or sister. Often he sleeps and leaves the children unattended. The children always come home dirty and often with the same clothes that they wore when they left. He allows them to stay up all night and watch television and we have concerns that they aren't eating properly when in his care.

I have no reason to suspect physical abuse, but I'm not 100% sure that there isn't some sexual abuse happening. In my opinion the children suffer from metal abuse because of the way they act when they return home. The oldest (7) is has now started not wanting to go to her fathers.

My son and daughter-in-law have provided an excellent home for these children. They are well-cared for and provided the things they need. I keep telling my son to keeping doing the right thing and the children will respect you for it.

But, it is getting so aggravating what I see them going through.

Silverplum

Ginny J....

He has always had a drug problem, but the conviction came after the children were born.

Does he use his parenting time? In my opinion he doesn't. Often he will take the children to his mother or sister. Often he sleeps and leaves the children unattended. The children always come home dirty and often with the same clothes that they wore when they left. He allows them to stay up all night and watch television and we have concerns that they aren't eating properly when in his care.

I have no reason to suspect physical abuse, but I'm not 100% sure that there isn't some sexual abuse happening. In my opinion the children suffer from metal abuse because of the way they act when they return home. The oldest (7) is has now started not wanting to go to her fathers.

My son and daughter-in-law have provided an excellent home for these children. They are well-cared for and provided the things they need. I keep telling my son to keeping doing the right thing and the children will respect you for it.

Wait a sec...this is your DIL's X you're discussing????

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney

With all due respect -
It is the mother of the children who should be here asking questions, NOT the step-grandparents...

TinkerBelleLuvr

Ginny J....

So, your daughter-in-law HAD children with the father even though she KNEW he had drug problems? She chose this person to be the father of her children.

As for children staying up late, etc? That is what we call parenting differences.

If you have reason to suspect sexual abuse, then your DAUGHTER-IN-LAW needs to take them to the doctor. If there is anything, the doctor is a mandated reporter to CPS.

As for the rest of it, highly suggested that you stay out of it.

Silverplum

NO, I'm not out of line, my daughter-in-law is sitting here with me.

IF she wanted to know anything about the law, SHE would post. SHE would be telling HER story.

Further -- YOU are STILL out of line! This is NOT your business.

Last edited by a moderator:

hblack

Let me see if I have this correct...this is a forum where people ask questions and expect an answer to that question. I believe the question was simple enough. I don't appreciate having my actions or intentions judged by someone that doesn't even know me. If you don't want to answer the question, then maybe I chose the wrong website. Amazingly, I thought this was a legal website.

TinkerBelleLuvr

Most times, the problem with third parties is that they DON'T know the whole story. That is why MOM needs to be asking the questions, not nosey interfering Grandpaw.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">