• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Dental work

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Jason Sims

What is the name of your state? Florida
Auto accident wife lost tooth.Dentist accepted auto insur. Auto insur.pays 200% of medicade fee schedule and 200% of florida workcomp fl.statue. One part of this dental had to be paid up front so i paid 2,800. well my auto insurance said only 1,400. was allowed that they should credit my account.They said no there is no contract. do i have case?small claims or attorney???
Because i paid up front for this procedure auto insurance will not put there attorneys on this case as they have in the past. But they did tell me to find a attorney.

lealea1005

If the dentist is not contracted with the insurance company, he/she does not have to accept the insurance company's payment as payment in full. He/she can balance bill.

momm2500

1.who was at fault for the accident? if not wife, go after other party to pick up the balance.
2.read your no-fault plan wording for your auto policy
3.do you have separate medical insurance thru an employer? if so, call them and see if they will coordinate benefits with the auto carrier and possibly pick up some of the charges.
4.what type of dental work was performed?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">