• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Divorce By Publication

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Tonya9259

What is the name of your state? Georgia
My question is how do we make name of the child that she took with her? We have the two boys we have them listed in the paper work but how do we name this in the papers.
And one more question is the first thing that we need to take to the court house is the petition for divorce and the form where it showes that we have made an effort to locate her?

LdiJ

What is the name of your state? Georgia
My question is how do we make name of the child that she took with her? We have the two boys we have them listed in the paper work but how do we name this in the papers.
And one more question is the first thing that we need to take to the court house is the petition for divorce and the form where it showes that we have made an effort to locate her?
Ok, I have read that several times and I honestly don't understand what you are asking.

proud_parent

Ok, I have read that several times and I honestly don't understand what you are asking.
Ditto. But I did understand enough to glean this much...
Leave your new significant other out of this. It is YOU who need to petition for divorce, have your spouse served, and appear at the courthouse. NO ONE ELSE. Except your attorney. And if you had one of those, I presume you would not be here asking such questions.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
I think she is dad's new girlfriend. Dad is trying to divorce mom and dad and mom have at least three children. Dad kept at least two of the children and mom took one with her (or she may have been pregnant when she left). Dad can't find mom and doesn't know the name of the baby. So while girlfriend and dad have put in the papers the names of the children they have with them (which means dad has with him) they are unaware of what the name of the other child is?

That is my best guess. I need confirmation.

LdiJ

I think she is dad's new girlfriend. Dad is trying to divorce mom and dad and mom have at least three children. Dad kept at least two of the children and mom took one with her (or she may have been pregnant when she left). Dad can't find mom and doesn't know the name of the baby. So while girlfriend and dad have put in the papers the names of the children they have with them (which means dad has with him) they are unaware of what the name of the other child is?

That is my best guess. I need confirmation.
I don't know how you got that, but looking at it again and comparing it to what you wrote, you are probably right...but whew...

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
I don't know how you got that, but looking at it again and comparing it to what you wrote, you are probably right...but whew...
Its a guess. Based on dealing with clients who sometimes don't speak anything but minimal English. And my second guess is that the OP is an immigrant who is learning ESL.
I forgot the part about she wants to know what needs filed with the divorce complaint.

proud_parent

I think she is dad's new girlfriend.
Good call, OG.

If the girlfriend is indeed the original poster, please allow me to amend my previous response as follows:

You need to stay out of this. It is THE FATHER who needs to petition for divorce, have his spouse served, and appear at the courthouse. NO ONE ELSE. Except his attorney. And if he had one of those, I presume you would not be here asking such questions.

As for additional posts, please have the father available to confirm Ohiogal's interpretation and to answer/ask any additional questions.

Carry on.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">