• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

is legal to do criminal background check

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

What is the name of your state? tx

is it legal to get reports if they are publice records on the mistress? or do a background check? my lawyer made an admendment to our orginal divorce papers to adultery?
my stbx is threating me now and saying he is going to press charges againist me for threating her, which i didn't i never used any nouns or pronouns, but i did say something ugly, but no bodly harm was mention, but he is adding words and making false statements that was said. i contacted friends at the police department and i was told he can file whatever complaints he wants but it would be that complaints not charges. but that onces it stated that we are getting divorce it would be attributed to that. however, i was told by family she has several complaints about assualt and drunk driving, which are my complaints about her being able to drive our kids around, can i ask for those if any are public?

thank you, i saw those things online, where you have to pay, i didn't know if that was legal or not? or if i had to go thru the local office for any of it to be legal.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">