• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

NC Speeding Ticket

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Jamerican71

I have a MD drivers license and was pulled over in NC for 90mph in a 65 mph zone (G.S. 20-141 (J1) which is a mandatory appearance in court.

I obviously don't want points and don't have much money to pay a fine much less a lawyer so does anybody have any suggestions what I can expect with going to court?

What are the penalties for this kind of ticket? What kind of fines can I ecxpect? Any ideas in throwing myself at the mercy of the court to avoid points and have the potential fines reduced?

seniorjudge

Q: I obviously don't want points and don't have much money to pay a fine much less a lawyer so does anybody have any suggestions what I can expect with going to court?

A: There is little (if any at all) plea bargaining on these kinds of tickets in North Carolina.

Jamerican71

Q: I obviously don't want points and don't have much money to pay a fine much less a lawyer so does anybody have any suggestions what I can expect with going to court?

A: There is little (if any at all) plea bargaining on these kinds of tickets in North Carolina.

Well, I've read that but I'm still wondering what to expect on my court date? What kind of fine, what kind of points, would the suspension be in NC or would it also be in MD. If there is little to no plea bargaining then it seems like an attorney wouldn't be able to offer much anyway, right?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">