• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

small claims court for buyer thar failed to stransfer car i sold him?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

theresap

What is the name of your state? I live in Michigan and i sold a car 8 years ago to a man that worked for a car company and used the car for 4 years as a company car.Then he sold it to another person.Neither one transfered the title from my name to theirs.The last person was arrested for no insurance.Now the car comes back to me as a towed vehicle and I owe over 400.00.After I pay the fines tow the car myself to the salvage yard and sell for scape can I take the man I first sold the car to, to get back my expenses for his failure to transfer title?

BL

What is the name of your state? I live in Michigan and i sold a car 8 years ago to a man that worked for a car company and used the car for 4 years as a company car.Then he sold it to another person.Neither one transfered the title from my name to theirs.The last person was arrested for no insurance.Now the car comes back to me as a towed vehicle and I owe over 400.00.After I pay the fines tow the car myself to the salvage yard and sell for scape can I take the man I first sold the car to, to get back my expenses for his failure to transfer title?
Did you sign the title as the seller ?

Did the first guy sign as the buyer ?

All when the sales transaction occurred , or did you just leave the sellers info blank ?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">