• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Burned by the ex!!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Burned-by-x!

What is the name of your state? Colorado.

After a peaceful divorce in which we both (noted and signed on the divorce form) that we had agreed to what each of us got to keep when we split up. Turns out she got some better things than me in the deal but whatever... We both are in happy new relationships and have remained friends and talked on the phone about once or twice a month. One day she called me up crying and begged me to loan her money for her car payment (which was already way behind) or the bank would repossess it and she would lose her job. So being the good friend that I am, I loaned her the money which she said that she could pay back in three weeks when she got her tax return check.
Well it's been a year now!! She states that she feels that I actually owe her this money but gives me no detailed reasons why, even though I have tried to open a dialog with her on this. Now she avoids my calls and is moving to Georgia. How do I get my money back?!
THANKS IN ADVANCE!!!!!

P.S. I have witnesses that will vouch that it was a loan. I also have the bank transfer receipts for the money transfer. It was for $1,100.What is the name of your state?

Burned-by-x!

Thanks. I don't mind spending what she owes me in order to sue her into paying me. Is it worth it? How would I go about it? :)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">