• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Slander

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

L

lungshot

What can be done about person "A" who constantly tells lies about person "B" to person "B"s significant other in order to disrupt their relationship?

JETX

Basically, as I see it, you have the following options:

1) Assume that the relationship that "B" has with his 'significant other' is strong enough for her to see through "A"'s lies, or
2) Move away so that "A" has a hard time talking to "B"'s significant other, or
3) Have "B" cut the phone lines at "A"'s house and residence so that "A" cannot call "B"'s significant other, or
4) Have "B" slash the tires of "A"'s car so that "A" cannot travel to "B"'s and talk with "B"'s significant other, or
5) Have "B" break "A"'a legs so that he can't walk or crawl to "B"'s and talk with "B"'s significant other, or
6) Have "B" beat the hell out of "A" and say, "There is more where that came from!", or
7) Any combination of the above.

Please let me know if I have missed any....

L

lungshot

Very funny, so what you're saying is that there is no LEGAL options for "B". Correct?

JETX

Correct.

Unless person "A" does a criminal act, or in some way damages person "B", there is no case.

The old adage of "Sticks and stones" seems to come to mind.

L

lungshot

With the use of private investigators and email hacking, person "A" has done a good job of fabricating "evidence" of wrongdoings by person "B", all of which has been concocted from out of state!
Some of your "illegal" options would seem plausible, but anything short of killing person "A" wouldn't be good enough! Besides, person "B" couldn't live with that on his/her conscience! LOL! Looks like the "B"s will just have to put up with this jackass.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">