• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

There ought to be a law...

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

vittoria

In Ohio...

Cliff's Notes version of my dilemma-- went to a town that is known for profiling southeast of Akron to go camping with my boyfriend...

Went out and my boyfriend drank with my brother... I wasnt drinking ( I dont have a driver's license.. it's suspended)

Needed to get back to campgrounds in Coventry...

Was followed for a mile while in Akron a la OJ Simpson by a Sheriff, with an unmarked government vehicle DEAD NEXT TO ME ( as if he was inspecting the car)

Was not speeding, swerving, etc...

Approximately a mile and change later got pulled over for allegedly having no license plate light...

Was asked for identification and the reason why I was driving... we both told the officer that since my boyfriend was inebriated and I wasnt that in order to keep him from getting a DUI it was best that I drove the vehicle...

I receive a ticket for the DUS and no license plate light...

MEANWHILE...

the officer wrote me in as a WHITE MALE when the computer and observation clearly had me as brown skinned...

And he let my inebriated boyfriend drive the car ( he reeked of alcohol--the officer smelled it on him)

Can the case be dismissed considering that I'm neither white, nor male, and he rather have a drunk person drive than a sober one? Were we victims of racial profiling since apparently he had "white male" on the brain when he had me in the backseat of the arresting vehicle? :confused::(

seniorjudge

Q: Can the case be dismissed considering that I'm neither white, nor male, and he rather have a drunk person drive than a sober one? Were we victims of racial profiling since apparently he had "white male" on the brain when he had me in the backseat of the arresting vehicle?

A: No and no.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">