• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

claiming marraige expenses

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

sillybilly

What is the name of your state? England

My soon to be ex husband threw me out the house, he even helped load my belongins into the car!

I have been married 15 months, i found out he was still seeing his ex on the day i got married, then he didnt even book a honeymoon which i then booked and paid on my credit card which he was meant to pay off and never did.

I am indian and my parents paid for a luxury £30k+ wedding, he obviously didn't want to marry me and i need to know if i can claim wedding expenses back. He only married me because his parents wanted him too and it has failed miserably.

Any advice is appreciated even though I know this is US law but im hoping it isn't that different.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee

My soon to be ex husband threw me out the house, he even helped load my belongins into the car!

I have been married 15 months, i found out he was still seeing his ex on the day i got married, then he didnt even book a honeymoon which i then booked and paid on my credit card which he was meant to pay off and never did.

I am indian and my parents paid for a luxury £30k+ wedding, he obviously didn't want to marry me and i need to know if i can claim wedding expenses back. He only married me because his parents wanted him too and it has failed miserably.

Any advice is appreciated even though I know this is US law but im hoping it isn't that different.
England IS NOT a US State. Now we have debated annexing Canada but I think it would be quite difficult for us to steal England as well. And yep, it is different.

LdiJ

I don't think anyone here has any idea whether US and UK law are similar. Sorry.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">