• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Small Claims Suit for Engineering Work

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

danamax34

What is the name of your state? Massachusetts

I have a lawsuit against me in small claims court from an engineer I used in a real estate deal. The deal went sour and so hasnt my financial situation and I have not been able to pay the amount billed to me. The suit is for $2,000 but I owe almost $10,000. I have the $2,000 to pay but im not sure if I should do so before or after the hearing. If I pay it before the hearing can the recorded suit be dismissed so that it doesnt hurt my credit? Obviously, if I were to do this I would require the plantiff to drop the suit and consider my full debt to be paid in full. If I were to wait until the hearing to pay, can he continue to come after me for the remaining amount?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">