• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

divorce fraud

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

softpopt

What is the name of your state? il I divorced 5 years ago and did not get a lawyer..my ex did.

i just found out that he got an inheritance before we were divorced that he didnt reveal.

Can I sue?

He also only paid 50% of the down payment on our home, nnot the equity, and i paid child support and he claimed the kids.

also, he did not pay half of my credit card debts b/c the settlement said we both pay our own.

The judge said that I was entitled to these things but at the time i was lviing with him and scred to fight.

help

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
The inheritance is his separate property. You aren't entitled to a dime of it.

As for the CC questions - it sounds like he's complying with the judgment...

StampGirl

What is the name of your state? il I divorced 5 years ago and did not get a lawyer..my ex did.

i just found out that he got an inheritance before we were divorced that he didnt reveal.

Can I sue?

He also only paid 50% of the down payment on our home, nnot the equity, and i paid child support and he claimed the kids.

also, he did not pay half of my credit card debts b/c the settlement said we both pay our own.

The judge said that I was entitled to these things but at the time i was lviing with him and scred to fight.

help
Awwww. Was there anything in the divorce agreement that said YOU got to claim the kids? Because if there WASNT, then the CP gets to which it sounds like he is. So he is fine there.

Why should he pay YOUR debts when the JUDGE said to each pay your own?????????

Wipe your tears little lady and grow up.

penelope10

Awwww. Was there anything in the divorce agreement that said YOU got to claim the kids? Because if there WASNT, then the CP gets to which it sounds like he is. So he is fine there.

Why should he pay YOUR debts when the JUDGE said to each pay your own?????????

Wipe your tears little lady and grow up.
I'm curious where is the fraud? (RE the title to Op's thread) Was the question did my ex commit commit fraud?
No, not based on the info. the OP has thus given....

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">