• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

sub-contractor payments

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

ds4358

What is the name of your state?
New York

I am being sued for $50 in small claims court by a sub-contractor of mine. She advertised in the newspaper that she was looking for work to do at home and stated in the ad that she would pick up and deliver the work. The last lot of work that she did was not delivered at the time specified - I had to pick up the work at her home to have it at the company it was being sorted for at the time promised. It took me an hour to go to her home so I reduced her pay by $50 - the amount I earn per hour. When I mailed her the check, I informed her that it was final payment for the work. She has cashed the check. I have also sent two certified letters to her - the first asking her to address her concerns in writing and the second stating that if she sent back my equiptment, I would send her the $50. I have had no response to the second letter and a harrassing response to the first. We have a court date for 5-27-08.

BL

What is the name of your state?
New York

I am being sued for $50 in small claims court by a sub-contractor of mine. She advertised in the newspaper that she was looking for work to do at home and stated in the ad that she would pick up and deliver the work. The last lot of work that she did was not delivered at the time specified - I had to pick up the work at her home to have it at the company it was being sorted for at the time promised. It took me an hour to go to her home so I reduced her pay by $50 - the amount I earn per hour. When I mailed her the check, I informed her that it was final payment for the work. She has cashed the check. I have also sent two certified letters to her - the first asking her to address her concerns in writing and the second stating that if she sent back my equiptment, I would send her the $50. I have had no response to the second letter and a harrassing response to the first. We have a court date for 5-27-08.
Good luck .

THIS FORUM IS FOR QUESTIONS ABOUT U.S. LAW ONLY
When posting a question, you must include the name of your state!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">