• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

overwhelmed

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

brendanb2113

My father was just appointed the executor of an associate's estate. I have taken a look into the process and was surprised by the responsibility he has assumed. Neither of us really know the first thing about settling someone's estate. Is there a beginner's guide that you can recommend or just offer some kind of direction so that everything is handled fairly and properly? Also, where can I find out what compensation my father is owed for his efforts? The will does not set out a specific fee or hourly rate and I dont want him to get taken advantage of.

anteater

Well, if you had not ignored the part that asks for your State, then the good folks here might have been able to point you to some sources. (Hint, hint)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">