• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

regain evidence

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

yamR1

What is the name of your state? Illinois

Forgive me if I am in the wrong forum but I am seeking advice on how to obtain evidence back from the state. First let me say that there is no case, no charges, or no warrants of any kind.. I willfully gave the evidence to "help" this was 7 months ago and they have yet to "examine" the evidence. This is all the work of the local states attorney who is mereley curious. The state investigators who collected the evidence for her say they would rather give it back but she insists it stay until they find time to look at it. Do I have any rights to just demand this property back? Will I need an attorney to get anything done? Any help will be appreciated.

CdwJava

To force the issue you will need an attorney and you will likely have to go before a court to havea judge order the return of the item in question.

If you have asked, and were turned down, there may be very little more you can do.

- Carl

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">