• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Can A Verbal Agreement Be Voided?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

dayana21am

What is the name of your state? --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What is the name of your state? Arizona
Hi, and March of this year I decided to rent a place to open a small perfume store, so I when one day and found one. I spoke to the landlord she said I needed to pay one month and the deposit, since it was the 18 of March I give her the rent for the remeinder of the month which was $ 240, and $600 deposit. She said to comeback in about an hour and that she'll have a lease contract ready for me to sign. I came back in an hour and she said she did not have time to do the contract, she told me to comeback the next day. I when every morning and she was not there, so five days later I send my mom to tell her that I will not be able to rent the place because I was in the hospital with a miscarriage tread, so my Doctor put me on bed rest, and that I needed my money back since I never sign nothing. The landlord refuse to give me the money back knowing that I never occupied the place and that she did not even show me contract. She said that we had a verbal agreement, I would like to know if this kind of agreements can be voidable. I filed a small claim and I have court next Tuesday, please help.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">