• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Care Required

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

acadburn

What is the name of your state? North Dakota

I just got charged with Care Required because my camaro's back end slid about 1 and a half feet when i was taking a right turn at 11:30 at night. I was going from work to a friends house to study for a final exam.

What would be the best way to fight this sort of violation any help would be very appreciated Thank You

Will

I was wondering if i could get it dropped to careless Driving the 2nd code down there because i showed care by trying to correct the error when i noticed the back end started to slip. (the road was pavement and had a little gravel on the top)

PS just if u wanted to see the ND code on it this is what i found

39-09-01.1. Care required in operating vehicle. Any person driving a vehicle upon a
highway shall drive the vehicle in a careful and prudent manner, having due regard to the traffic,
surface, and width of the highway and other conditions then existing, and shall give such
warnings as are reasonably necessary for safe operation under the circumstances. No person
may drive any vehicle upon a highway in a manner to endanger the life, limb, or property of any
person.

39-09-01. Basic rule - Penalty for violation. No person may drive a vehicle at a speed
greater than is reasonable and prudent under the conditions and having regard to the actual and
potential hazards then existing. Consistent with the foregoing, every person shall drive at a safe
and appropriate speed when approaching and crossing an intersection or railroad grade crossing,
when approaching and going around a curve, when approaching a hill crest, when traveling upon
any narrow or winding roadway, and when special hazards exist with respect to pedestrians or
other traffic or by reason of weather or highway conditions. Any person who drives a vehicle
upon a highway or private or public property open to the public for the operation of motor vehicles
without heed to the requirements or restrictions of this section has committed careless driving
and must be assessed a fee of thirty dollars.

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">