• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Plea and Trial by Mail

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

the3stars

What is the name of your state? Rhode Island

I just got a ticket for 31-13-4 (Obedience to devices). I know that I didn't run a red light, and that I DID come to a complete stop before the light and before making my right turn.

But what I'm wondering is where can I obtain information about and the forms for Trail by Mail and Plea by Mail. I've been to the trafficassasination.com website, and they claim to have form templates... but you have to pay for them. Does anyone know where I can get these for free... or at least what information I should be including when entering my plea and requesting a trial by mail?

Hey There

Regarding Trial by Mail

Trial by Declaration isn't available in Rhode Island.:(
Here is a list of states where Trial by Declaration ISN'T available for traffic Tickets.
Alabama, Alaska, Arizona, Arkansas, Colorado, Connecticut, Delaware, District of Columbia, Georgia, Idaho, Illinois, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Mississippi, Missouri, Montana, Nevada, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, North Carolina, North Dakota, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Vermont, Virginia, Washington, West Virginia, and Wisconsin.
(Source:Trial By Declaration: Fight A Traffic Ticket Without Going To Court)
9 states do have trial by "mail" available and CA. is one state which does.The Traffic Assassin website is geared towards fighting California Traffic Tickets .
IF Rhode Island did have Trial by Declaration then the information should be on the back pf the traffic ticket and the form should be available with a page of instructions for no fee from a court clerk.

Google---RI Traffic Tribunal - Rules of Procedure
Clicking on the website of the same name
will give details on the Rhode Island court for traffic tickets.
#11 describes what Discovery is available to the driver.

Best Regards,
Hey There

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">