• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

PI in Tx

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Yesterday (4/24/08) morning around 1:30am my friend got a Public Intoxication ticket in Tx, she was taken to the detox tank and released 6 hours later. The citation she was given says it happened on 4/25/08, could this have any effect on the outcome of the case seeing as it did not happen on the day written on the ticket?

CavemanLawyer

If it happened "yesterday" at 1:30 in the morning than that is 5/25. ( I assume that's what you meant.) The new day starts after midnight.

Anyway, the State just has to prove the date within the statute of limitations, meaning that the date they allege could be as much as 2 years off.

Last edited:

seniorjudge

Yesterday (4/24/08) morning around 1:30am my friend got a Public Intoxication ticket in Tx, she was taken to the detox tank and released 6 hours later. The citation she was given says it happened on 4/25/08, could this have any effect on the outcome of the case seeing as it did not happen on the day written on the ticket?
And yesterday was not 4/24/2008 OR 4/25/2008.

Are you still drunk?

i'm sorry this was on 5/24. Also what my friend received was not a citation but a release to appear authorization. What's the difference?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">