• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

joint accounts

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

A

annab56in99

My dad died 2 1/2 years ago leaving my mother very
helpless and its sad to say she didn't have a clue of
what to do. There are two other sibblings who wanted
nothing to do with helping my mother or taking care of
her financial matters. Everything was virtually left
for me to do. My question is that my mother put
everything in her and my name only. Meaning bank book,
funds, etc. Mom passed away last July and now the
two sibblings are at my throat wanting their share.
What are my legal rights in Arizona as also in a
holographic will mom had made she left everything to
me to distribute as I thought fair and resonable. annab

B

buckspc

Splitting up the estate

My advice to you is that you don't owe them, your siblings, one thing since they did not help you, and your mom, left you everything. If your relationship with them means something to you, you could give them a small stipend on your mothers behalf, if the true colors have come out and you don't care about them then tell them that mom had you on everything because that what she wanted and they can get lost.
Greed really comes out when there is a death in the family. I was cheated out of my mom and dads 250k home by a sister in law and when she sold it and got the money she didn't give me the time of day. I took care of them until they died and she was no where to be found but in the mean time my brother had them sign over the house to him without anyone knowing about it. Then my brother died of cancer and my sister in law owned the house. How do you like that one? The flesh and blood got nothing but the trouble of taking care of them for years and then got nothing from her after cheating the children out of all that money. Do what you feel is right and that you can live with. If you give them nothing they will never speak to you again so you must think about that, Good luck, you will need it, Buckspc

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">