• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Wedding Photog breaks contract. Advice?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

nancyjn

What is the name of your state? Minnesota
My daughter was married last summer on June 16 and we hired a wedding photographer. We paid him in full and received a 10% discount, also I mailed him a $100 check the day after the wedding for an extra hour. Our contract states that the "brochure of wedding services provides a description of the Coverage". The brochure states that the proofs will be available in 4 to 6 weeks. We were told by the photographer 2 to 3 weeks. After a few weeks we emailed a few times, with no reply, made a few phone calls and was told that they were having computer problems. Finally after more phone calls, a disc of the proofs was provided at the end of October, 4 1/2 months after the wedding. He also delayed in getting us the actual proof book and said it had been mailed, when it hadn't. I won't go into all of the details. The compensation from them for this delay was $100 in addt'l photos. The frustration of waiting 4 1/2 months for the proofs, along with the lack of communication, really robbed us of the much of the excitement and enjoyment of the photos. I would like to know if you feel I have a case against this photgrapher for breach of contract. My first plan of action is to write him a letter and ask for 1/2 of my money back and if he is not willing to do that, then I would take him to small claims court.What is the name of your state?

nancyjn

Yes, on May 23rd. The package that we bought included $300 credit towards purchase of pictures, plus they allowed us an extra $100 for the delay. $400only bought one large picture and a couple of smaller ones. My daughter refused to order more and give him any more money, plus our confidence in him was gone. There was no way we could give him any more money for additional prints. The proof book was a book of photos that looked like he either printed them online or at Walmart. They were not watermarked or do not have his logo on them at all, which is very unusual for proofs. I have not seen the photos that she received this week, but she says they are fine. Artistically speaking, they are nice shots, no complaint there.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">