• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Is $396 fine too much for turn right on red?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Richard Zuo

CA
Recently I got a traffic ticket from City of Sunnyval, CA.
The ticket shows that I violated code 21453(a), not full stop, but only slow down to 10 Mile/hour, on red light when turn right.
The fine/bail is $396 and it will be $410 after adding the traffic school fee.

I just wonder if the $396 fine is too much for my case.
Are there any way to reduce or waive the fine?

Thanks a lot in advance for advices.
RichardWhat is the name of your state?

CourtClerk

Fines are statutory and the fine for 21453(a) is 100 + penalty assessments, which almost quadruple the amount of the ticket.

No, courts do not waive fines just because.

CA
Recently I got a traffic ticket from City of Sunnyval, CA.
The ticket shows that I violated code 21453(a), not full stop, but only slow down to 10 Mile/hour, on red light when turn right.
The fine/bail is $396 and it will be $410 after adding the traffic school fee.

I just wonder if the $396 fine is too much for my case.
Are there any way to reduce or waive the fine?

Thanks a lot in advance for advices.
RichardWhat is the name of your state?
Well, hate to tell you, that's what the cost of fine for any red light is! No matter what the situation of red light is. I remember the days when red lights used to be $104. I have received a ticket like that before (in 1989) for a right turn on a red.

I know one thing, any sort of waiving of fees etc will never happen! You can plea NOT gulity when you pay ticket, the clerk will set you with a trial date. Go to the trial. And only hope that cop does not show up. Then your off the hook!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">