• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

witnesses assuming they know

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

faithnlve

What is the name of your state? Vt. I have decided to file against my brother :( in small claims this week. I was being supportive of my mom in her business. My brother whom purchased majority shares in the fall sent me a 1099 for over 4000.00 claiming he has witnesses (no paperwork) claiming I was economically compensated by my mom for helping her. I was not. But, my brother claims he has witnesses, business customers saying they know for a fact I was. I was baffled by all this until I found out these witnesses are so called enemies of my mom. I never received a penny from my mom. I want to file a lawsuit asking for the money I never received but am more angry that this is such a fraudulent 1099 and dont want to jeapardize the tax fraud part. I would rather the truth come out than collect money. I am not sure how to explain all this to the courts. My brother said if I stop helping my mom he would reduce it by 3500.00. I am so mad I could just spit. I want to go through with this. My mom said how can he do this? She was owner all last summer and she told him I was never compensated for anything. He claims since he can use witnesses then he can put whatever he wants to claim against me since he says he will tell the court this is what he believes. In the meantime I have holds on my tax return. What charges can I file against him besides the IRS since they know already? And how does someone protect themselves from witnesses who are willing to say what my brother wants them too? And, what court should this be filed in? :mad:

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">